Folsom Jr. High School
( as recounted from "The Village
of Folsom, Louisiana: A Centennial Celebration" by David
the current FJH site was the first all black school dedicated
on September 15, 1928. Miss Eunice R. Fulgrum was the first
principal and the boys and girls were separated. The school
was called Folsom Rosenwald School.
Greenwood, a teacher at Rosenwald for 40 years, recounted the
early days at school "...we had big, wood heaters. We used
kerosene lantern lights and had the pump well. And outdoor toilets."
years after the dedication, Miss Greenwood was teaching 65 first
graders in her small classroom!
was not until after 1954 that Rosenwald became integrated with
black and white students.
Garrett, in 1968-1969, was one of the last students to go to
Rosenwald before the building was torn down. FJH is now located
where the old school used to be.
Colors: Red, White, & Royal Blue
1956, there were 65 first graders taught in one small
original building at Folsom Jr. High was called Rosenwald
and it was made of a framed wood building"